Monday, October 3, 2016

Our First Blog Post!

Alrighty, well let's do a brief intro so you can learn a little bit about us. Jeff and I were sealed for time and all eternity in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple September 23, 2011. So we have been married for just over 5 years and seriously love every minute of it! We have our son Landon who is two years old, and he is our pride and joy! :D He is the happiest kid I have ever known, and he is so sweet and loving, and seriously adds so much happiness to our lives. :) We are hoping to be pregnant with baby #2 sometime soon.

We belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-Day Saints (we are Mormons) and we are proud of it! Our General Conference was just this last weekend, and I really felt that I needed to start writing a blog of our family. I plan on writing about the awesome and happy things that happen in our family, but also some of our trials. I believe that we all help and uplift each other by sharing experiences, and I wanted to share a little bit about what we're going through right now.

Those of you who know us well know that it took us 2 years to get pregnant with our sweet Landon, and we've been trying for almost a year to get pregnant with our next little one. I was diagnosed with PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome about 10 years ago (I have about 30 + cysts on each ovary currently), and I also have endometriosis. I wanted to do what I could to make trying to conceive easier the second time around, so with Jeff's help, being consistent with my PCOS medicine (Metformin) and a great start from the Utah Fertility Center, I've been able to lose 50 pounds (WOOT!).

We went to our OB/GYN and started taking Femara about 6 months ago to help kickstart ovulation, and thankfully it seems that I am able to now ovulate on my own with that medicine. :) However we still haven't been able to get pregnant, so this month we are trying IntraUterine Insemination (IUI). We are excited because that is how we got pregnant with Landon (after a surgery to remove some endometriosis and some ovarian drilling to remove some cysts), but it is an expensive, emotional and a little stressful procedure haha.

Anyway, since we've been trying to get pregnant, I've had to get off my anti-depressants and so my depression and anxiety have been a little harder to handle. I'm seeing an amazing therapist, but I also love to write so I think that it will help with the emotional part by writing in this blog haha. Life is tough for everyone - none of us are spared from having trials. But I KNOW that our burdens are made lighter through Christ! Yes life can be hard, but there are always many things that we have to be grateful for and we can still be positive. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment